Thursday, February 07, 2008

That's all folks

Tomorrow morning I leave McMurdo on an LC130 cargo plane. I am one of 40 or so passengers on the turboprop. The flight time is approximately 8 hours. This is longer and much less comfortable than the C17 jet (5 hours), but on the other hand I would not be getting out were it not for this flight. Also, the jet is often delayed (as it is today) and does not get back into Christchurch until after midnight sometimes. The LC130 will get in around late afternoon and I should be able to have a relaxing late dinner somewhere. The next few days I will spend reorganizing the amazing amount of stuff I find myself in possession of (I am allowed 75 lbs and I checked only to find I have hit that and still have a few clothing items to pack yet), and exporing rental cars, places to go, organizing food for the hike on the Routeburn, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just heard yesterday that you were on sabbatical and spent the better part of my morning catching up on your this expedition's blogs. Needless to say, productivitiy will be a little lower than usual today ;-)
Exciting stuff and great writing!
-Ryan McLaughlin (Physics class of 2005)