Sunday, February 10, 2008

First Addendum

I am sitting in a B&B at about 10PM on Sunday night after my first full day back in civilization. I visited the botanical gardens here in Christchurch, which are quite spectacular, and stopped to smell ALL the roses, which took a little time. I got a Starbuck's coffee. Twice. I made friends with a (very friendly, wet-tongued) dog. It's amazing and puzzling to me that cats and dogs are among the things I found myself missing most down there.

Tomorrow is my "work day," during which I will try to make a car reservation, plan a route down to the trailhead, buy some small amount of food, and make lodging reservations. Hopefully there will still be time to expore the nearby port town of Littleton, but if not, there is always Tuesday.

Keep those comments coming. Don't be shy! I like to see that someone actually reads this.

2 comments:

Benjamin said...

Scott!!

Mum just gave me your blog site so we were just reading this now and felt sorry for the lack of comments.

So here is a comment!

Haha. Hope you enjoyed your stay at Le Devon and have a great 2008!

Anonymous said...

If you have to wait until tomorrow for exploring, I'm confident you'll survive the let-down. By my estimation, you've had plenty of training on how to mitigate disappointment from having to reschedule.
Ryan